• Least invasive surgical option
• No intestinal re-routing
• No cutting or stapling of the stomach wall or bowel
• Small incisions and minimal scarring
• Reduced patient pain, length of hospital stay and recovery period.
Fewer Risks and Side Effects
• Significantly lower mortality risk than other obesity surgery procedures.
• Low risk of nutritional deficiencies associated with gastric bypass
• Reduced risk of hair loss.
• No “dumping syndrome” related to dietary intake restrictions.
• Allows individualized degree of restriction for ideal, long-term weight loss rate.
• Adjustments performed without additional surgery.
• Supports pregnancy by allowing stomach outlet size to be opened for increased nutritional needs.
• Removable at any time.
• Stomach and other anatomy are generally restored to their original forms and functions.
The Adjustable Gastric Banding System is designed to induce weight loss in severely obese patients.
Without any stomach cutting or stapling, the LAP-BAND® System reduces your stomach’s capacity, restricting the amount of food you are able to eat at one time. Plus, you feel full faster and stay full longer, so you wind up eating less.